Friday, April 24, 2015

The Granola Adventure Part 1

Granola

Most Saturdays I go to the Shaker Square Farmer's Market.  There used to be an Amish woman there who made the best granola.  It was full of flavor but not too sweet. I loved it but she has stopped coming to the market and I have been without this delicious granola for many months now. This makes me sad.

I have decided to try my hand at making my own granola.  I have found several recipes and plan to try a bunch of them until I find something I like.  Today I am making Lizzie's Granola.  This Lizzie in question is Liz Symon, wife of Iron Chef and Cleveland native Michael Symon.  Chef Symon has made this granola on his show Symon's Suppers.  You can find the recipe at Lizzie's Granola .

For the dried fruit I have chosen cranberries, because well I love them.  I also cut down the honey a bit since I don't like my granola super sweet.

At the moment my apartment smells amazing as it is cooking. Cross your fingers with me that it tastes as good as it smells.  I will post more about my adventures in granola as I continue to work on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment